Are you planning to cover AUA2019? Here's what you need to know.
AUA Media Pass
- Press registration is free to credentialed journalists working for outlets across the globe. All journalists must register through the AUA's press site so that credentials can be verified.
- Dual registration is prohibited. Physicians covering #AUA19 for a media outlet must register as either a regular attendee or member of an approved media outlet – they cannot register as both.
Physicians registered as media will not earn CME credits.
- Journalists attending the meeting have access to a full working facility in addition to access to special events, such as press conferences.
Who is Eligible?
Freelance journalists or journalists employed by consumer newspapers/magazines, medical journals, news organizations, online/digital publications or trade publications attending the meeting for the purpose of editorial coverage, will be granted press registration.
Exhibitors are required to register through the AUA Registration Department. No press passes will be distributed to exhibitors or public relations personnel.
Learn more about the registration and credentialing process.
Registration in the AUA Press Suite entitles journalists admission to all no-cost events at the Annual Meeting, including Plenary, poster and podium sessions, the Science & Technology Hall and free educational courses offered by the AUA.
All fee-based events (including paid courses and social activities) must be paid for by the journalist.
Media check-in begins on Thursday, May 2 at Noon. Journalists will not be issued credentials prior to that time. Journalists will need to provide photo I.D. at check-in.
Journalists interested in covering the 2019 AUA Annual Meeting should register in advance by submitting a completed press registration form by April 29, 2019. After April 29, all press must register on-site in the press suite.
Security and Conduct
#AUA19 meeting press badges should be worn and visible at all times. Lost badges should be reported to the Press Office immediately. The following badge policies will be in effect throughout the meeting:
- Badges are non-transferable.
- AUA Annual Meeting badges are the sole property of AUA.
- False certification of individuals as press and/or paid Annual Meeting attendees, misuse of badges, any method of assisting unauthorized persons to gain access to any Annual Meeting event or any unauthorized or inappropriate conduct will be just cause for repossessing badges of any individual(s) involved and requesting those individual(s) to vacate the Annual Meeting premises immediately.
All members of the press, as well as abstract authors, public information officers, public relations firms, organizations, local academic or medical institutions and anyone else with access to abstract or research information, are required to adhere to the AUA's embargo policy. The embargo includes coverage of all research being presented, as well as all abstracts published online at www.AUA2019.org and/or in the 2019 Annual Meeting Abstract book, a supplement to the April issue of The Journal of Urology®.
Filming & Photography
Videotaping and photography is permitted in official AUA press briefings, interview rooms and designated/common areas of the convention center. Videotaping of educational or scientific sessions is not permitted – photographing entire slide presentations is also not permitted.
Due to the experimental nature of some industry presentations, photography and interviews within the Science & Technology Hall (Exhibit Hall) are prohibited without express written permission from the AUA Communications Department, as well as an escort by a Press Suite staff member while on site in the Hall.
The Communications Department will do its best to accommodate those making requests in advance of the meeting and on site. Failure to comply with the restriction will result in the denial of press privileges for the remainder of the meeting as well as future meetings.
Easy to download and free! Visit our Annual Meeting Mobile App page for more information.
The AUA will hold several press conferences during AUA2019. A schedule of these press events will be available to pre-registered members of the press in mid April.
Press Suite Hours
Thursday, May 2
Noon – 5 p.m.
Friday, May 3
7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday, May 4
7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday, May 5
7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Press Suite Location
The AUA Press Suite can be found in the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place.